Here's an easy thing to do with all those extra wine corks... make your own original wine cork Christmas Tree
1. Start with your wine corks and paint the tops of them. I just poured my metallic based gold paint in a small paper plate and dipped the tops of each cork in the paint. (Note: I did this with just gold paint, but it would be cute to do the bulk in an evergreen green and a few of the corks in an assortment of colors to look like colored balls)
2. I then covered a canvas with a pistachio green paint- you can do it on a blank canvas; I painted over a painting mess!
3. I let the pistachio green color dry and then dipped a larger brush in red and green paints. I let the brush drizzle the paint onto the canvas.
Let this coat dry.
4. I then arranged my corks into a tree formation and started hot gluing the corks to the canvas starting at the top. *Do arrange them before you glue; it leaves little room for error with your tree... its a pain to have to paint more corks*
5. I then wrote Merry Christmas in a script-y font. I practiced how I would write it out before painting on the canvas.
Check out the final painting and side view: I love the irregularity!